Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hypochondra Momma

OK so it's official I am a hypochondra momma. For those of you wondering what that is it's a first time pregnant woman who thinks anything is a sign of something going wrong. (Sad I know). So this week the problem was I couldn't feel our unborn child's movement as well as I would have liked to. Last week her movement was quick paced, erratic and extremely constant. It was so annoying i felt like she wanted to kick and punch her way out. But then Sunday rolled around and it was like a complete 180 I couldn't feel her movements at all. I drank warm milk, jiggled my belly, laid still on my back after eating, and the response if any was sluggish. I immediately panicked and started reading everything I could on fetal movement. Poor Brian did everything he could to ease my fears but what does he know about carrying a baby right???? Oh well so that he wouldn't have to deal with me staying awake all night poking and prodding at my belly he urged me to call the doctors and she had me come in the following day to make sure everything was ok. During the ultrasound baby was just as active as she was the week before up to her normal kicking and punching and there was nothing that they could find that was wrong with her. Apparently she needs her resting time just as much as her mother and father do. Who would've thought that???? Certainly not hypochondra momma... OH well at least I got some more cool ultrasound pics from the visit!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ok, first of all I don't see a baby in that ultrasound picture. Can you give me an idea of what part of her I'm looking at?
I can't wait to see her little face! She'll be beautiful.

Katey said...

Oh my goodness! you're gonna be a momma and there's definitely a little person in you right now! That's awesome Ez
-Katey

Decker and Christine said...

What a cutie!!! I love ultrasounds! Don't worry...her movements will get stronger as she gets bigger. Ours is the same way. One day it looks like my belly's possessed, and the next she'll be sleepy all day, and just roll around a bit. I think she tires herself out. You're going to be an awesome mom!!!
Love ya!
Christine


Brian and I in Niagara Falls summer 2007