Friday, August 1, 2008

Chioma Jane's week of firsts

OK so no one wants to play the memories with us game the way they are supposed to so I guess that I'll just post a new blog about our little Chioma's exciting week! So a week ago the poor little child had a runny nose the sneezes and a light cough with a phelgmy (sp) sound to it and I thought OH NO! She caught an ear infection from my friends child who had spent a couple days with her without knowing she had an ear infection. Needless to say being the overprotective new mom I decided it best to keep her away from people for a day or two to recover. At the end of the two days shes she was doing much better but also awoke with a new little friend.






Yes siree she got her first tooth that pushed through and Susie and I fought tooth and nail (ha ha ha) to get these pictures. But she did really well handling her teething, she only woke up in the middle of the night once and stayed up for 2 hours but eventually we were able to put here back to sleep.

With this new development I thought it very appropriate to finally introduce her to solid foods. My preference was to really wait for her to be 6 months but hey the way she's moving and crawling around she might as well be 6 months. Anyways the first feeding was really annoying because she hasn't figured out how to swallow yet without her tongue getting in the way and so it was wayyy messy



Anyways we have been practicing eating rice cereal everyday this week and she has been getting much better. I think next week we'll move on to bananas I know she just can't wait I sure can't!

2 comments:

Grammyx4 said...

oh my goodness how cute are those pics of her 1st tooth. oh boy real food now too. What a fun week of 1st for everyone. LOL I love all the pics you have been posting of CJ, she is adorable.
Gr.Auntie Colleen (in Cali)

Ashley said...

Introduce her to veggies before fruit. Developmentally its better and that way she doesn't get a sweet tooth! If you do fruit first, she just may never want veggies!


Brian and I in Niagara Falls summer 2007