Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Laie Day's parade and food fest

Last weekend we went to Laie, which is the city where Brian's school is, and also the city next to where we live now, and also the city that I grew up in from the ages of 1 to 7. I love that city because I have a lot of fond memories. A favorite memory of mine would be the PARADES!!!!!! Random I know but I remember just always having the best candy and seeing the coolest things and people in the parades like

the cool Polynesian guy all dressed up for the parade

and the beautiful chinese dragons that scared Chioma a little bit.

We even got Chioma a little stash of candy from this parade
Nothing like free candy to make a great parade!!

Later that day we went to food fest we had a good time eating some mouthwatering Samoan/ Poly food. We were with my old friend and college roomie Esther
also her two daughters and her nephew Pono.
Chioma took an instant liking to Pono and ended up following him around a ton even cuddling up to him every chance she got.













I started thinking "hey little girl... he's 8 years older don't go starting THAT so soon." hahaha... I'm so glad she's still a baby!

All in all it was a good day with Family, friends, food and fun

No comments:


Brian and I in Niagara Falls summer 2007